Thursday, November 5, 2009

Middlesex (a reflection)

I just finished Middlesex, my final book of the quarter. I enjoyed this book a lot. At times, I would get slightly confused, or bored. However, the intensity of the book kept me going until the end. During this book, I sometimes felt that I didn't connect with the characters. Understanding what it is like to be a hermaphrodite is a very difficult concept to grasp. Although, this book does teach certain lessons about what it is like to be very different from the people that surround you. The author's words demonstrate this feeling very well. I learned a lot from this book. The book also teaches many things about family and growing up. I found some of these scenes easier to relate too. I could connect some of the issues in this book to other books I have read, and to issues happening in my own world. Overall, I learned a lot and liked the book very much. I would recommend this book to someone who would like to read about tough social issues and growing up.

1 comment:

  1. So what was Cal's biggest struggle in the book? Is there one event that stand out? Emma- impressive reading selections. Keep it up in 2nd qtr!

    ReplyDelete