Thursday, April 8, 2010

Emma by Jane Austen

I've had a copy of Emma on my bookshelf for a while. It was given to me as a gift from my godmother when I was very little. I finally decided to read it because I was missing my godmother a lot. I thought reading this book would make me feel close to her again, because she moved to California. I really enjoyed this book. I had never read a Jane Austen novel before, and after reading Emma, I definitely want to read more. Emma is the story of a young, spoiled, wealthy girl named Emma Woodhouse. Emma loves to play matchmaker with all of her friends, and sometimes her plans don't really work out the way she planned them in the first place. I absolutely love the way Jane Austen writes. I feel like I am living during the time period of her books because the language is so vivid. Each character is so well developed and the romance between the characters is classic. The whole novel is classic in every way, and that is what made me love it. I would definitely recommend this book to people who love to read classic romance novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment